What is Online Advertising
As the name suggests, online advertising is a strategy to advertise your product online or on the internet. Since the early 1990s, there has been an exponential increase in the growth of online advertising, which has evolved into a standard for small and large businesses. Online advertising is also known as digital advertising.
How it is done?
Every small scale or large scale business needs to display their ad online. For this, you need to choose your related websites or webpages and display ads as per their requirements. There are three main mediums for online advertising.
- Cost per Thousand (CPM): Advertisers pay when their messages are exposed to specific audiences.
- Cost per Click (CPC): Advertisers pay every time a user clicks on their ads.
- Cost per Action (CPA): Advertisers only pay when a specific action (generally a purchase) is performed.
Some of the examples of online advertising are banner ads, search engine results pages, social networking ads, email spam, online classified ads, pop-ups, contextual ads, and spyware. In the end, we have to design the ad with available space and technology.
Scope for online advertising in the industry
In today’s world, every small scale or large scale business needs to ad their product online. Companies hire people with creative ideas to create new ads and post them online with the right approach and to the right audience. It needs to reach the maximum number of related customers in no time and the least cost. Hence, there is really great scope for online advertising in today’s competitive world.
- It reaches to a wider range of potential customers.
- Faster and more stable results
- Minimum competition.
- More consumer trust
- Brand awareness.